Hey girl hey!
We are literally 36 days away from the end of the year, can you even believe it?! I swear we're in some sort of Matrix alternative dimension or a Time Vortex and that is the only way to explain just how fast time is moving.
It's almost Thanksgiving - one of my most favorite holidays. I mean it's filled with food, naps, football, more food, another nap, and family (yes, that's the correct order for things) - all the things that I enjoy. Thanksgiving is when we gather together as family and friends (aka framily) and we share all of the things we're thankful for and essentially reflect on all things good.
David and I typically alternate Thanksgiving, one year it's his family/choice and the next year is my family/choice and so on. Each year, regardless of whose family it is, we end up having our own Thanksgiving on Saturday because we disliked the food 😖 (lol, yeah that was shade). Literally the two of us cook up a huge feast on the Saturday after and talk about how we're never eating "so-and-so's" dish ever again ⛔️!
While the true origins and traditions of the Thanksgiving holiday aren't as rosy as the whitewashed Eurocentric history lessons we were force-fed in school, I do feel something positive and beautiful has come from something that was rooted and based on the suffering of our Indigenous brothers and sisters.
So despite it's effed up beginning, I would still like to say a few of the things that I'm grateful for this Thanksgiving.
- I am grateful for my husband: He loves me even though I'm a complete and total sourpatch kid
- I am grateful for my dogs: If you don't have a furbaby, you just won't understand - it's the most selfless love and devotion you can experience
- I am grateful for the many oddly timed, but divinely orchestrated, coincidences that life has brought me this year
- I am grateful for my health
- I am grateful for my friendships
- I am grateful for my spiritual growth this year
- I am grateful and thankful for YOU! 🥰
I couldn't do what I do if it weren't for you, and it is with gratitude that I thank you for reading my rants and supporting my vision and ALC Crafts.
So what are some of the things you are grateful for this year?